Thursday, July 22, 2010

Saab Story

And here once again is our beloved mascot, the ever-cheerful and indefatigable Rusty Jones, to say farewell to another one of the junk cars in the yard. Compared to some of the other 'cars' here, though, this one was practically new—being a Saab 900 from sometime in the '80s, I think (Tara would know the exact year). I mean there was hardly any rust on the thing, never mind the usual lichens, trees growing through doorhandles, &c. I believe it even rolled. Still, GOODBYE!

It had lived for the last couple of years snuggled up against the stonewall marking the edge of the back rose garden by the butterfly bush; I have to confess I've never cared for that kind of 'borrowed scenery', as the landscape designers out there would say.

Here's a before-and-after view, taken from the window of my attic studio room, after Tara drug it out from by the wall:





And here's the on-deck before, out nearer the road, awaiting its fate:



And the after, poof! Gone!



I was not there to see it go, alas, as I had an appointment at the same time; Tara may have gotten a pic of it up on the ramp truck, if you all need proof. I will say it is rather nice that when I left it was there, and when I came back, it was gone.

No comments: